Donal

Default Is your vessel seaworthy?

Donals Dilemma wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 00:40:28 -0000, "Donal"
wrote:
Has your boat been inspected?

Certainly NOT! Are you taking the ****? **I** decide if my boat is
seaworthy. I do *NOT* pass the buck to some incompetent, uneducated,

idiot
who has failed to meet his parents expectations!

Always worthwhile to have someone else inspect your boat.

I agree with you.
I do *not* think that it has anything to do with the government.

He may just find something that you haven't seen,not because you're
ignorant but because you may just overlook things you live with every
day.

Yup! I agree. However, I'd like to have an inspection because I *choose*
to.

I did the Yachtmaster before I took my yacht out to sea - because *I* wanted
to - and not because of any law.

Most people seem to think that they have no responsibility at all for their
actions, or their misfortunes. They feel that the State should guarantee
their safety. They demand that the boat should meet some "government
specification". They demand that *other* sailors should be Qualified to
sail.

I feel that every human being deserves a little bit of space where he can
exist without regulation. I go sailing to escape from the "well
intentioned" politicians, policemen and other idiots who feel that they know
how I should behave.

Regards

Donal
--