GAZ

Default 1st boat help

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
C-Dory is a nice boat but not offshore. The bottom is too flat causing

rough ride and instability with a following sea. Been there, done that!
Gordon

I'm doing a boat review on a 25' C-Dory next Monday. (Wanted to get

something
done about a vessel suitable for blackmouth fishing, since in the magazine

biz
it's already December). This will be my first experience actually underway

on
one of these, although I did an article on the factory about two years

ago.. It
seems we agree that they are "nice boats", hopefully there will be enough

snot
to plow through next week that I'll be able to either agree or disagree

with
your handling assessment. :-)

Mine was a 22 footer. Is the 25 the cat? Or do they something new? The
deadrise on the old 22 foot was shallow and the bottom was completely flat
on the pre 1986 ers. After all they are dories!
Also you mentioned offshore. I don't think you'll get into 7 foot swells
with 3 foot chop in Puget Sound as you commonly will going to and from
Swiftsure Bank out of Neah Bay in May.
Gordon