Gould 0738

Default Bilge Pump Switch

You guys REALLY need to spend some time on a COMMERCIAL SHIP. 100
gallons of diesel fuel pumped overboard is like a teaspoon in a lake.
They pump more than you store overboard just STARTING IT!

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?

One small problemo with the comparison:

A commercial ship or a warship is involved in essential activities. Even *if*
they pollute 1000 times as much as a recreational boater, it's only because
steps have been taken to reduce to that from 10,000 times.

If we all decide that it's OK to pollute the water as long as it's less than a
containership or an aircraft carrier pollutes,
we'll be boating in one hell of a filthy soup in short order.

Because our recreational boating is an "optional" exercise, undertaken on
public waterways, we should try to leave the smallest possible dung pile in our
wake.
That doesn't mean we all need to take up sailing, IMO, but we should try to see
that whatever configuration we do enjoy is operating cleanly and efficiently
within the limitations of its design.