felton

Default Is your vessel seaworthy?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:41:57 +1300, The_navigator©
wrote:

What's the use of it there?

Cheers MC

Well, as I sail on a lake I probably don't need one at all, but it is
a handy thing to have if the weather looks iffy. It is surprising how
well a boat can move with a flat little blade and a double reefed
main. Although I keep a 110 on the furler, I would be the first to
admit that you can't get any sort of acceptable sailshape by reefing a
furling headsail. At least I have never have.

felton wrote:

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:50:08 +1300, The_navigator©
wrote:

. The question is, to you have a toy or a seaworthy vessel? How many people here even have a strom
jib?

Cheers MC

I have one. It's in my attic next to my Christmas tree, but as it was
a "yes or no" question....