stingray240

Default Towing Capacity

In addition to adding a transmission cooler, make sure the boat
trailer has surge brakes, no one has mentioned stopping power on ly
"go" power.

One other important fact is that only the tow vehicle will have brakes
when backing down a steep/slick boat launch ramp!

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:58:18 GMT, "Aaron Bootz"
wrote:

Well, guys, I have couple of questions about towing a boat. I am thinking
to buy a boat.

I have a 97 Nissan quest mini van which has 152HP with towing capacity of
3500lbs (on manual). It does have a trailer hitch for boat.

Thequestion is: is the Nissan Quest able to tow the boat? I am living in
mid-west so there is no mountain or anything. Many ppl told me that use a
mini van to tow a boat is a very bad idea. But I dont want to spend more
money on a new truck or SUV. How bad will it be to use a mini van to tow a
boat?

Thanks very much