Marcus AAkesson

Default Which Prop?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:18:38 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

I don't think you will get an extra punch in fwd. As I understand it
(and I may be wrong), the reason that you get more reverse is that the
prop paddles are not 'cupped' or angled like the fixed prop ones are,
but are flat. The cupping is for maximum performance in forward gear,
and it makes reverse less efficient. If you have a flat prop, then it
is equally good in both directions.

The MaxProp turns the blade when reversing, presenting the same
"forward" edge of the blades in both forward and reverse, thus
providing a very good thrust also in reverse since there is no
compromise between fwd and reverse efficiency in the blade design.

IMO, the only "better" prop than MaxProp is the Gori
folding-feathering (or what to call it), but that's even more
expensive.

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson