DSK

Default Hull Flexing

Capetanios Oz wrote:

We used a lot of CF mat, laid it up same as fg mat.

Well, I only know 1- what I've been told 2- what I've read 3- what I've seen with my own eyes.
I have not ever built anything from carbon fiber, so that rules out #3. From what seem to be
credible sources, you can do it but will risk a higher rate of voids & poor bonding.

Now, if you were talking about resin-infused molding, then perhaps it's OK to "lay it up just
the same" as FG. The guys who are doing quite good work in CF say you should at least vacuum bag
it to get any of the benefits of using CF in the first place.

Maybe they've been doing it all wrong?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King