Dave Hall

Default Were trailers full of hot air?

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

I *do* believe that SH had more than ample warning about an

impending US
attack, and it certainly wasn't coming from Bush's left wing

detractors.

Again, you're probably right, but you have to also consider that all

the
time we wasted, waltzing with the U.N., and Hans Blix, and the rest of
the floor show, gave Saddam even more time to move his "stuff".

Right. We waltzed. Keep in mind that our own secretary of state

recommended
waltzing for a couple of months. He could not have done this without

your
president's permission.

If you will recall, it was at that point when Colin Powell, seemed to be
at odds with the rest of the administration. Most of the others were in
favor of war at that point. Powell, had been the lone holdout for
additional diplomatic efforts. While he may have earned a few brownie
points, it will be a matter of history, whether his delay may have cost
us, in credibility, with those who must find that elusive "smoking gun".

Dave

So, was Colin Powell thinking for himself (which is why I'd vote for him if
I could), or was he influenced by the horrible liberals that everyone keeps
whining about here?

Be sure to document your response, since I assume you don't have Mr. Powell
over to the house for dinner very often.

You've got me all wrong on that one. I admire Powell, and would love to
see him run for president. But the events, as I stated them, are pretty
much true. I don't know if Powell walked a little bowlegged afterward or
not, but he seems to be back in the fold.

Dave