Schoonertrash

Default Let's be brutally honest . . .

All right so everyone give up the reason for their posting name. Mine came
from '97 sailing on S/V Alvei a schooner bark. We were anchored in Papeete
next to Carmac V or was it VI a huge feadship type of yacht. Alvei had just
transited in stages from Porto, Portugal and looked really bad. Plus we had
the biggestdeck in the harbor so we hosted all the crusing fleet parties.
Word got around that the ritzy set on Carmac thought we were trash. So of
course we ended the next party (always by 10PM) by lining up an doing the
YMCA song complete with hand motions and chorus line kicks and ended by
turning around and u hh hhh h h h imitating La Luna for a brief eclipsing
moment. Next morning they were gone. After that if we pulled in somewhere
and they were there . .off they would go and if they pulled in and saw us
they would turn round and go somwhere else. So we adopted the title of
schoonertrash, the whole crew. So then I became sloop trash, cutter trash,
freighter trash (both steam and diesel). My other posting name you will see
in various spots on the net is the name of the new boat. The original
Centaur was named Look Far and I wanted my own name but without a change so
I translated to Norwegian. Se Fjern means to look far but with a bit of
mist or fog so things aren't clear. Well that was eventually true
especially when I started following some one else's schedule. The good part
was in acquiring a larger boat, but I think it wouldn't have been large
enough, which willl allow me to carry some dive gear and so forth. But not
too large so it can be handled by one person easily. The name is Se Lange
which still means Look Far but with clarity. Now that fits. One who sees
all by going and sees his way clearly is the Old Norse connotation. One
thing is clear. . .there is plenty of room!

Ok . . . . .. your turn

MST