mark s

Default Recommendations for a boat/car GPS

I use a Garmin GPSmap76S. Its great for boat and auto (and
hunting...hiking...)
I recommend it highly. mine is about 2 yrs old. I'm sure they've
come down in price. check ebay!
-mark

("Jack Rye" .# wrote in message news:e6Wkb.30517$Rd4.29725@fed1read07...
Since you already have a Magellan I'd stick with Magellan. May be a
SporTrak Pro Marine, or the Meridian Color GPS Mariner. You probably have
already paid for the maps. Stick with what works for you. Just my thoughts.

Jack

"Ignoramus13873" wrote in message
My old trusty Magellan 320 gps can no longer acquire any satellites.

So I am looking for a new GPS. I want to buy something that has both
marine features (navaids, bearings, MOB etc etc) as well as car
navigation features (preferably downloadable maps), laptop connection
capability etc. And I want it to be under $300. Is that realistic and
if so, what are my alternatives?

thanks