The_navigator©

Default Which Radar, Redux

What about DSK, Mooron, Two wheels... The list is far complete if we are
to have a FAQ!

Cheers MC

Simple Simon wrote:

You're new to this group so I can't blame you for
falling prey to the wannabes and pretenders who
are here mostly to disrupt this group. These
people don't sail, don't have any first hand
sailing knowledge and don't even own real sailboats.

For your edification here is a list of people to ignore.

Bobsprit - just a troll and a know-nothing troll at that.
Navigator - a foreigner and wannabe from New Zealand
Jeff Morris - has potential but is a catamaran motor boater
Capetanios Oz - loser, best to kill file the jerk
Donal - does sail but rarely shares sailing topics, mostly a communist
Rick, otnmbrd, Shen44 - motorboat refugees from rec.boats
Katysails - post menopausal housewife with an ignorant attitude

S.Simon

wrote in message ...

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:09:13 -0500, "Jeff Morris"
wrote:

wrote in message

So, I'm wondering... For coastal sailing in LIS and very occasional forays to
open ocean points north of there, do I need anything more than Furuno's model
1623?

Why do you think you need any Radar? Do you often travel in fog? Are you headed Down
East?

A small radar will help a lot if you get caught in Vineyard Sound and want to stay clear
of the ferry, but it sounds like this would only happen once a year, if that.

You can make a case for more powerful radar if you cruise the Maine Coast all summer, but
not for LIS.

I was hoping for some input from people with actual experience and knowledge.
You and that Mooron guy (Who can't even spell moron correctly) seem more
interested in trying to inflate your own weak and faltering egos more than
adding anything of value.

Yes, I frequently encounter fog in the LIS, as well as moderate darkness most
nights. If you had a boat and sailed it, you would be more familiar with these
concepts.

Thanks anyway, jackass.

Joey