Bobsprit

Default Which Radar, Redux

Really? I'm mostly above the Connecticut River. NYC glow is not a factor at
all.
You must be very limited in your sailing range. NYC is at one extreme end of
the
LIS. Look at a chart if you need to, to confirm this.

Sailing near port jeff we were able to see quite clearly as well as leaving the
Thimble Isle area. We did NOT use the radar to enter port jeff. Suzanne is
learning nav and she wanted to take care. You don't "need" radar on the LIS on
a small sailboat. Get as nasty as you like, but it won't change.
NOAA would not disagree on the fog issue. It's not a common occurance by any
means. And when it does come, it's rarely the pea-soup variety.

RB