noah

Default towing a boat

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:07:52 GMT, "Jesse Dinkin"
wrote:

I curious what people use to tow their boats and whether they are satisfied
with the way it goes....what size boat vs what size vehicle?????.....do I
need an 8 cylinder like a friend said??????....I have a 18ft bowrider which
I presently keep at a marina but my wife thinks she may want to explore
other water options..........

Seems to be the week for towing questions. )

Get the maximum towing capacity for your vehicle from the owner's
manual, or from your dealer. Match that up with the weight of your
boat/trailer combo.

A larger, more powerful towing vehicle, provides a psychological
comfort zone, and some horsepower where the rubber meets the road, but
it is not "necessary" if your vehicle is rated for the tow weight.

As I said in an earlier post, I tow an 18' Starcraft, a camper, and a
20' Pontoon boat with a 4.0L Aerostar, and have never had a problem.

Check your spec's.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats