Bobsprit

Default New Handheld....again!

Just in case my primary set
goes south I have an SMA to UHF adapter that allows me to connect the little
radio to the mast antenna. You know it's certified water proof to a depth of
1 meter for 30 minutes? Runs for better than 18 hours on the supplied NIMh
battery pack, IMHO it's the best buy for the bucks on the market.

I wonder about that JS-7 rating and if the radio could really handle a solid
dunking. I like the 500 mw setting for talking to boats across the anchroage.
I'll have to pick up an adapter for the mast antenna, though I already carry a
spare fixed mount radio.
If the Icom M1V is the best buy, what is the best radio period?

RB