Jeff Morris

Default Nasty, Nasty, Crazy Day Sailing Today

This comment haunted me so much I am finally forced to respond. The only value of a "peculator" is
to bash the head of anyone that serves you instant coffee.

Instead of having a Thermos of hot water, why not have a Thermos of properly brewed quality coffee?
One measure of truly great coffee is that it still tastes really good after 6 hours in a Thermos.
My preferred method is a manual drip into a Thermos, but I admit that might be hard in rough seas on
a monohull. However, you can even get a plastic or thermal French Press that would be less
dangerous than making instant.

--
-jeff

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message news:322-3FB07D39-524@storefull-
The instant coffee; When you are bouncing around on you ear, a
perculator is a dangerous weapon. Instant coffee and hot water from a
thermo bottle will make a 1/2 mug of coffee that can be handled and a
egg sandwich over hard can be jammed in the pocket of the foulies, if
need be.