DSK

Default Hull Flexing

The navigator© wrote:

I'd say It's BS because boats are simply not that rigid

Oh yeah, and all boats are built to the same structural standard, aren't
they.

and it's hard to
measure to an accuracy of 4 thou on big objects.

Now that is total BS. It costs, but if you're willing to pay, I'll bring a
crew and and gear, and show you how to measure movement in any axis on
objects of any size & orientation down to 5 ten thousands +/- 1

It's part of what I do for a living, thanks very much. The NIST has
occasionally asked me for advice on this type of thing.

.... Even Ella has a backstay
tension of 2,500 lbs when beating.

Gee, and there's no difference between "2500#" and 15,000# is there?

Why do I bother answering your posts?

DSK