DSK

Default Speakng of Simrad

SAIL LOCO wrote:

I have a new Navico wheelpilot that I bought just before the company got sold.
Very easy install and have had no problems.

IMHO the belt drive wheel pilots are good only for motoring in calm conditions.
I've seen dozens of them that can't hold a course on a nice sailing day, much less
rough conditions. Under deck systems are a whole order of magnitude more complex
to install and are more expensive, but for cruising, they are worth it.

Our unit was a fancy digital controlled hydraulic pump with all the bells &
whistles. I suspect it never worked (installed by DPO in early 1990s). The
feedback unit had been hammered and the wiring looked like it had installed by
raccoons with ADD.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King