Wayne.B

Default Interesting boat ride......

On 19 Oct 2003 20:57:38 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
That's got to be the first time I ever got my butt blistered for an on-topic
post. :-)

Actually not, but I'm not counting. Your "test drive" articles always
provoke a few folks for one reason or another, probably because they
generally have some of the same tone and character as the "we like
everything" articles that are standard fare for the marine press. I
usually enjoy reading about your impressions of these boats but it
would be nice if you'd report the negatives as well as the positives.
I'll give you an example. The twin Yamaha 225s should have been
burning close to 45+ gph at WOT which is not a very cheery number for
most folks, but you were "too busy steering" to notice. Maybe.

Another example: "We accelerated to 25 knots, a very comfortable
"slow cruise" speed for the NZ29. The Flo-Scan fuel meters reported a
fuel consumption of 8.6 gallons per hour, per engine." Reporting fuel
consumption "per engine" borders on intellectual dishonesty when
totals for both engines are also being reported elsewhere in the same
article. Yeah sure, this is just more of the old $1.98 perception
game but we expect better from those who know better.