Marc

Default Hull Flexing

Simp is talking about hull flex. I can't speak for Nonsuch, but the
Freedom is overbuilt. Cored hull with all bulkheads and structural
furniture completely tabbed to deck and hull. Falling off a wave, the
only thing rattling is my teeth.

Jeff is correct in presuming that unstayed rigs are built heavier to
compensate. I would go a little further and state that any stay
rigged boat, that requires an intact rig to insure hull ridgidity is
underbuilt.
On 10 Nov 2003 12:43:59 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Another theory pulled from the ass of Simp. Over 2 thousand Nonsuches
and Freedoms produced and still in service, 20 plus years after their
introduction. You should be able to find the data to prove your
"theory". Step up, man or shut up.

I spoke to a Freedom rep at a show and he said the only rig failures of
Freedom's was ONE during a test prior to final production of the unstayed
system. As fas as he knew, no rig failures among the production boats. I
remember a friend telling me that a Nonsuch lost it's mast when it struck a
bridge. Does that count?

RB