Jim

Default Need a new truck (advice, please?)

Butch,

Congrats on the new vehicle. You do know that you'll now have to
find a bigger boat to tow, now that you have all that extra power. :^)

-Jim

Butch Ammon wrote:

removed

.....Drum roll please.....

I decided to get the 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 shortbed with the 4.8L Vortec V8
engine. They gave me $500 for the Ranger and I plunked down another $500 to
the Silverado. Then I purchased an extended 24 month, 24000 mile warranty.

This truck is sweet!!! That 1st gear is one low torque SOB too. I could get
outside and walk alongside the Silverado! ha ha ha ha.... Man, there is a
major difference between the Ford 2.9L V6 and the Chevy 4.8L V8!!!!!! Now I
finally have a truck with an engine that is bigger than my boat - not the other
way around! ha ha ha...

Butch Ammon