Bobsprit

Default Simrad HT50

No WX ??? That seems rather silly - half the use my handheld gets is WX

My fixed mount VHF has WX and I have a nice weather radio at home. In addition
to that the Subaru Outback has the cold-weather package which includes
integrated weather radio. I think I'm covered on the WX front! Still, an odd
omission. I asked a friend about the Simrad and he says it's main selling point
is that it's metal and very tough. Says it can be dropped and submerged, where
other radios really can't, dispite the JS7 ratings. Anyhow...it's a gift from a
friend who used to pilot a tugboat, so I'm sure he knows radios. Think I'll
hold onto it.

RB