JohnH

Default Need a new truck (advice, please?)

On 18 Jul 2003 02:00:17 GMT, 123 (Butch Ammon) wrote:

Good evening and thanks for all the replies....

To Igor, Gregg, and others: The brake rotors and stuff on the old Ranger is a
major B*TCH... Trust me... I pulled them once and vowed to never ever do it
again. It's got the electronic 4x4 with all those cam assemblies and needle
thrust bearings and other components. You have disassemble all that stuff to
get the brake rotors off. Besides all that, the tranny chatters when trying to
accelerate fast on the highway. If I get stuck in bumper-bumper traffic, the
front brakes get hot and cause the front bearings to start stinking. Trust
me... I checked "Kelly Blue Book" on the internet and honestly entered the
info about my Ranger. An '87 Ranger 4x4 with 139,000 in fair condition
displayed a resale value of "NONE"!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to die when I saw that!

.....SO ANYWAY......

It's a done deal. I kissed my old beloved '87 Ford Ranger 4x4 Supercab goodbye
this evening after dinner.

.....Drum roll please.....

I decided to get the 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 shortbed with the 4.8L Vortec V8
engine. They gave me $500 for the Ranger and I plunked down another $500 to
the Silverado. Then I purchased an extended 24 month, 24000 mile warranty.

This truck is sweet!!! That 1st gear is one low torque SOB too. I could get
outside and walk alongside the Silverado! ha ha ha ha.... Man, there is a
major difference between the Ford 2.9L V6 and the Chevy 4.8L V8!!!!!! Now I
finally have a truck with an engine that is bigger than my boat - not the other
way around! ha ha ha...

Butch Ammon

Way to go Butch. I knew a Virginia boy would see the light!

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD