Default Docking HELP!!

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:29:52 -0700, "Rob" wrote:

Is it just me or does everybody get knots in there gut every time they have
to dock?

I Have had boats up to 22 feet for a long time, but end of August I bought a
32 footer, with twin inboard outboard engines. WOW it sure a lot tougher
than I expected.

I dock in a boat house, which you would think would be relatively
easy..Wrong trying to keep it straight and steady I find quite difficult.

I've heard some people say "don't touch the wheel"
others say "idle speed only"

any pointers to help regain my confidence would be very much appreciated,
please remember I have an I/O twins.

in addition to the advice others will offer about practice, when you
ARE practicing, put one engine in idle. practice docking that way in
case an engine quits on you. it's gonna happen, so be prepared.
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field