Jack Rye

Default Techniques for retrieving stuck anchors

Anchor Retrieval.
Slowly move the boat to a position directly over the anchor, pulling in the
line as you go. Then snub the line on a cleat and power backwards slowly to
pull the anchor out of the bottom. Do not power forward because that will
require more energy and put very heavy loads on the anchor and gear.

Jack
"Diver1055" wrote in message
Hi,

I just just bought another boat which has a windlass. My previous boats

did
not have a windlass so I used grapling hook anchors which where very easy

unjam. Now with the dansforth anchor it is tougher when they get stuck,

and
the windlass isn't strong enough to break it free.. So I am wondering

what is
the best way to unhook the anchors when they get stuck

Thanks
Rick