Lloyd Sumpter

Default Engine options....decisions, decisions, decisions....

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:32:34 +0000, Gould 0738 wrote:

Need to make some final decisions about the best cure for my engine problems.

Can't help you on whether to rebuild or replace (I'm replacing, but with a
more powerful engine...), but if you replace, my vote goes for the N/A. I
continually hear "horror stories" about diesels overheating and cracking a
head, needing "cool-downs", etc. My N/A Universal seems to run better when
it's so hot the paint is smoking. I've abused this engine terribly, but
it's still hangin' in there. I hear much of the "sensitivity" of diesels
is only applicable for turbos, which explains why mine seems to be immune.

N/A diesels are indestructable!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36