Wildest Dream

Default Marine Insurance for older boats

I've got Boat US on a 26' and they didn't ask for a survey either, just what
I wanted to insure it for, make sure u insure it for wind and freezing
damage they don't ask u till u get the renewal if u want it , it is a
nominal fee of about $25 & $40, I forgot which is which, I got towing w/them
too, thank God I never had to use it, Can u say God in a news group?lol

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:26:25 GMT, "Greg Boyles"
wrote:

Hi there, I posted a request before about marine insurance but I didn't

get
much of a response. I am purchasing an 1985 custom fiberglass boat. Its

32
ft long. I am not having a survey done as I know the engines need
replacement as it is. However here in lays the problem. Is there an
insurance company that will insure a boat that's slipped. It should pass

survey just fine when I get the engines redone. But the marina requires

it
to be insured to transfer the slip space over to me. It is currently

insured
with the currant owner but the company has changed his policy as to a
survey. Does anyone know of a marine insurance company that will take
policies without a survey?

Ps

I found it *really* odd that the insurance was $130.00 less than the
boat I still had insurance on and valued the same.

I didn't argue the point.