Greg Boyles

Default Marine Insurance for older boats

Hi there, I posted a request before about marine insurance but I didn't get
much of a response. I am purchasing an 1985 custom fiberglass boat. Its 32
ft long. I am not having a survey done as I know the engines need
replacement as it is. However here in lays the problem. Is there an
insurance company that will insure a boat that's slipped. It should pass a
survey just fine when I get the engines redone. But the marina requires it
to be insured to transfer the slip space over to me. It is currently insured
with the currant owner but the company has changed his policy as to a
survey. Does anyone know of a marine insurance company that will take
policies without a survey?

--
Visit The Arm Chair Sailor
http://www.fullcircle.net