Mark Pilcher

Default Merc 50 mods

Subject: Merc 50 mods
From: "Mad Dog"

I am new to boating but old to the hot-rod scene so curiosity has me,
if this motor is better off untouched what motor would be a good
platform for tweaking,port,polish,finger-ports,reed-valves,smoothbores
velocity stacks, expansion chambers...etc.etc.

Just found the info in, of all places, my Merc 50 shop manual. Boyensen makes
the reeds for the reed block, part #241-16, Bob's Machine Shop, 1-800-441-1177.
They were about $70 when I last checked.
Steer it like you stole it, lol.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to
do violence on their behalf......George Orwell.