Bob D.

Default Last trip of the season

In article ,
(RGrew176) wrote:

This past weekend I took my last trip of the season.

Just remember RGrew176, you CAN have more than one last trip. Especially
since it looks like we may have cooperative weather this week as well.

You went to Mossbacks wiith all that good German food around? The potato
salad and turkey dumpling soup alone was better than anything mossbacks
can offer! Most of the food was reasinably priced too.

So the Geez Cats were playing at the Blue Iguana? They usually play at
Tipper's. While it's a great place to eat (I like their "Iguana Fingers"
, and their conch fritters), where in the hell did they fit the band set
in that tiny place? I wish I had known they were playing. It would have
been the deciding factor for my dad to get off his ass, and up to PIB one
last time. BTW - Tippers and the Beer barrel were closed immediately
after boaters new years, for the some under age drinking infractions that
occured two years ago. They will not be open for the annual Halloween
party, which might make that event a washout.

Looks like we may have bumped into each other this weekend. What time did
you head to the boathouse? My buddy and I headed up there at about
10:30pm and took "the ride of shame" to Skyway, and closed that down.
Went back tot he boat with some new found friends for a few drinks and
called it a night shortly after 5am.

It was our late night that actually helped us. Instead of leaving early,
we hung around until 2:30, which by then the lake was almost as smooth as
glass.

Glad to hear you had a good time and a safe trip. Good luck with cabin
fever season. Should we bump into each other next season at the bay,
remember the golden rule:

What goes down on the Island , stays on the Island...

Take Care,

Bob Dimond