Bob

Default Docking HELP!!

"Rod McInnis" wrote in message ...
"Rob" wrote in message

I Have had boats up to 22 feet for a long time, but end of August I bought

32 footer, with twin inboard outboard engines. WOW it sure a lot tougher
than I expected.

Rod, three years ago I went from a single IO to a 30 foot twin IO and
had a devil of a time. My brother, who got a 33 twin inboard at the
same time, quickly learned to dock his boat easily and I was still not
doing well. I was very frustrated.

THEN! I replaced all the shift/throttle cables (Merc IOs) and my
shifting and throttling got substantially easier. No shifting delays,
no engine surges, no loss of concentration. It seemed minor enough,
but now I can spin that boat around (almost 120) no sweat, and back
into the slip, oh, at least every other time. And between times I have
enough control to avoid hitting things. If your shifting is sticky,
try it, you may like it.

(Also, as others have said, make sure your I/Os are pointed straight
ahead when you use differential shifting. When my IOs are at an angle
they don't spin the boat at all.