otnmbrd

Default Inherently beautiful.

ROFL, Cool your jets, Mooron ... I'm not confronting you, I'm talking to
you .....comments interspersed:

Capt. Mooron wrote:
"otnmbrd" wrote in message
nk.net...
| I can't agree here, although I've also heard this and there may be some
| validity to it. However, most ships I've been on, have very little angle
| on their shafts ..... they torque to port like an SOB, more so with
| engine speed than not.

Well I would expect that angle of the shaft affects direction of the prop
wash against the rudder... that would be plain common sense. I distinctltly
stated that I couldn't state one single overwhelming factor for propwash
from my experiences. I never claimed your theory to be false only that I
didn't completely agree with the premise.

Quite possibly correct, but when going astern, there would be no prop
wash past the rudder and I would say most would see the affects of
propwalk to a greater degree when backing. G You don't have to
completely agree with me any more than I do with you. We're talking the
possibilities, here.

| There are many reasons/factors which will affect "prop walk", and some
| boats will ignore it, if the wind/current is strong enough, but I'm also
| inclined to think "pitch" is the major factor, and Jeff's two bladed
| props may not have or need much for his application.

May I suggest reading for content rather than confrontation.... I wrote as
plain as day "I think the biggest villain is pitch and rudder placement as
well as flow and entry/exit of the prop wash."

G The only confrontation, was in your own reading of the content. My
statement was that I felt it was mainly pitch (shoulda, coulda said
also). I don't think it has as much to do with rudder placement although
flow and entry/exit of the wash from the prop probably does count.

| BTW Boobsprit, we will occasionally get into a ****ing match with Neal,
| since on rare instances he show's some trolling intelligence .... you
| are, on the other hand, a total waste of effort, not worth more than one
| or two responses on extremely rare occasions, purely to note your idiocy.

Now this petty, delusional, uncalled for, idiotic, uninspired statement just
blows your entire argument and casts doubt on the validity of your
intentions. If it's confrontation you want .... clarify that and I'll
accommodate you. It's not like you have the aptitude to contest me on either
a verbal or physical arena. You want to troll ... keep it on rec boats where
you have a chance of success. Around here you have little credibility and
absolutely no influence.

CM

ROFL the last paragraph was dedicated to Boobsprit, as an afterthought
(figure he reads them all) and had nothing to do with you (read for
content). Seems to me, the only one here looking for confrontation, is
you, I was having a discussion .....

otn