Shen44

Default Inherently beautiful.

Subject: Inherently beautiful.
From: "Capt. Mooron"
Date: 10/22/2003 18:32 Pacific Standard Time

"Shen44" wrote in message
| Inherently beautiful.
| From: "Capt. Mooron"
|

| All very interesting ... I may not totally agree with your conclusions,
but
| there is some well thought out reasoning behind them.

Well Shen... elaborate.... where do you think my theory is wrong?

CM

I, Like otn, do not agree with the angled shaft creating all that noticeable a
difference in "prop walk".
Although I may agree that a prop tunnel, may act similiar to a Kort nozzle, for
an open prop, I don't think the prop wash behind a wide keel, when going astern
will have a noticeable affect on prop walk.
However, if nothing else, I've learned that no matter how much some might try
to say that the handling of a particular boat with a particular set up, can be
described by science, this is just not so ....each boat must be figured out,
and this applies to boats of the same class.
One thing I would say is that I'm inclined to agree with the notion that a
folding prop may have less walk/bite, but I'm not sure that has everything to
do with the fact that it's folding or more to do with it's pitch .... I don't
have enough experience and knowledge of them to say.

Shen

Shen