Capt. Mooron

Default A Jealous Child

"Joe" wrote in message
| Howdy Moron,
|
| Looked at the Cabo Rico's I could find on-line. Nice looking stout
| boats.
|
| Question: Do you still think you have things to learn about your
| vessel?
|
| I've had mine for 10 years this coming January, It a full keel crab
| crushing mo fo 2.

Right On Joe....

To answer your question.... I know way more about Overproof than I did when
I first bought her but nowhere near the amount I have yet to learn. Because
I approach it as a learning curve I'm better attuned to my vessel than
anyone else. I know every creak and groan, every shudder and surge.... I can
tell just from the feel of things down below if she's sailing to optimum or
in the groove. I'll wake up at night at anchor and just know from the
movement or sounds what needs to be done to have her set back to a gentle
quiet motion. I know most of what's wrong with the boat and all of what's
right. I know most of what she can do and can't do.

It's the intimate knowledge of my boat that allows it to be greater than the
sum of it's parts. I pity those who float aimlessly from vessel to vessel
never satisfied with any of them.

CM