Gould 0738

Default Docking HELP!!

Charles T. Low wrote:

The only thing I have to add is that there is no one right way to dock. I
hear a lot of things like "don't touch the wheel" (better for IB's than
I/O's?), and "always go slow," and I find that any good rule is only true
most, not all, of the time.

Charles, you've spent as much time studying the science of docking as
anybody.....(Buy his book!)....

Most of my experience is with inboards. Some I/O's, but mostly little boats in
those cases and most often single engines.

With twin engines:
Have you ever contemplated what the difference might be, (or if a major
difference
exists) between the thrust dynamics of prop wash, against a rudder, a few feet
closer to the vessel's pivot point and the physics of more efficient
directional propulsion immediately aft of the transom?

If so, it would be interesting to read your
findings or opinion.