The_navigator©

Default Best Liveaboard

Joe wrote:

The_navigator© wrote in message ...

Worried about the skin thickness?

No more curious than anything. Starting to think about having the
boat sandblasted and met-coated some day. I figure I have 4-5 hundred
pounds of paint on the boat. Original it was black when it was based
in the North Sea, Than it was gray, than blue now Red with yellow
trim. Underneath the original black is 5 mil coat of Red Lead, the
reason Ive never stripped her.

That'll make nice pock marks when she blisters and she will...

How many chips and scratches do you have in your fragile gel-coat?

Several but they only take 15 minutes to repair and polish out once a year.

Forgotten to replace all those anodes

I replaced them 3 years ago at last haul out, and they have barely
been affected, I dive the boat every quarter and check them out . How
about your plastic boat, How many androids do you have?.

I have six- 2-15 pound tear shaped by the bow on the keel, 2 - 20lb
bricks on the each side of the stern area of the keel and two tear
shaped 5 pounders on the rudder.

again?

Only the second time in 10 years.

Have you checked out to see how many osomosis blisters your boat has?

Did you pop them all, or just let em keep swelling up like the zits on
your face?

No blisters on Ella and she's been in the water 16 years. If she doesn't
have them now she never will as her resin is certainly in equilibrium.
Of course she is a resin rich boat with vinyl ester...

I hope you look forward to the major repaint coming your way to cover up
the rust! How many dents in the hull do you have?

Cheers MC