Thom Stewart

Default Inherently beautiful.

Simple,

I brought the webbing and clips and stitched them to length. I
originally planned on hooking them to the gunnels while the sails where
flying and just bring them inside when I wanted to go forward. After
using them, while working on the boat in the slip I found it easier to
hook them to the mast plate. They are a loose fit that way but being a
flat strap they really aren't a problem for me. I don't go forward of
the mast very often. When I do it is to hook the tack of the drifter or
the Spinn. and then I want them in place. As I head back to the cockpit
I drop them to the plate.

Neal, I really don't consider them Safety lines, I consider them Balance
Lines. I'm sure they are strong enough for safety line BUT I hope I
never have to find out.

The clips I used were 11/2" bronze. When It is calm and/or I have guest
or crew that Sun themselves on the foredeck, I disconnect at the mast
and send the ends down the fore hatch, to the V-berth. That clears the
Foredeck just about 90%. I don't use clips at the pulpit end. just loops
which I thread the lines thru after wrapping them around the pulpit like
a lasso.

I've had crew use them as Bow lines at the gas dock. They want me to rig
the stern the same way. They don't have to dig out docking lines and
storing them. They say I could use them for dingy slings.

Old Buddy I'll try to get pictures to you but I'm not to sure of my
photo transmit.

OT