otnmbrd

Default Inherently beautiful.

It's mainly a question of what you have to work with and what you get
used to doing.
Even if you only have one or two feet to spare, if you can learn to use
those one or two feet, in time, it will feel easy.
My sympathy goes to the boater who only gets to boat on weekends for a
few months a year .... no matter how good they are or how good they get,
they'll always be in a stronger learning curve than the person doing it
frequently all week and all year .... watch some lobsterman or fisherman
who goes out daily. In a high percentage of cases, around a dock,
they'll be a pure pleasure to watch.

otn

The Carrolls wrote:
I get a 30' out with 35 ' clearance all the time, several times a week.
wrote in message

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
hlink.net...

LOL If you guys are worried about 40'-50' clearances, I'd hate to see
what you'll be like when things get close. ...... course, in Neal's
case, doubt he could work around any docks .... probably why he's at a
mooring (anchors as close as he can, then hops into his dingy and runs a
line to his mooring)

otn

C'mon, be fair.

Getting a 33 ft boat out of a berth when there is only 40 ft behind her,

is

not easy.

Regards

Donal