JN

Default Inherently beautiful.

Stupid ****s! I never claimed to be an expert. And you two are relics,
either living in isolation or accidents waiting to happen. Today's waters
are much to crowded. Today's sailboats are much more advanced, so why not
make use of the fact that we now have auxiliary power. Today's population
is much too lawsuit happy. I happen to own three sailboats. Two are
smaller and my only auxiliary power is a boat paddle because it's required
by law in my state. My 30 footer has the capability to do damage, and
therefore I take all precautions....

How would you like to get on an airliner and learn the pilot does his
pre-flight checks from memory, not by checklist? Would you say they are not
experienced pilots.

I agree with Bob****, your sailboats are among the majority that never leave
the dock.