Simple Simon

Default Inherently beautiful.

Your motor boat mentality is showing again.

You could always push your boat out of the slip.
There is a little inertia to overcome but after that
it just glides backwards for a long way. If you
had both sails up and luffing it would be very
to jump aboard at the end of the slip and use
the tiller to turn the boat in the desired direction
so the sails would work when sheeted in.

How do you think sailboats got around before
there were motors? You're way too worried
about hitting something. It's hard to prove
negligence and besides it is never negligent
to sail a sailboat as long as you follow the
COLREGS and speed limits.

S.Simon

"JN" wrote in message .. .
After BACKING out of the slip, I have about 50 feet of water between me and
the boats docked on the other side of the channel. It takes an engine to
stop the backward motion of my 30' sloop in that amount of space so I don't
hit any of the boats on the other side. After achieving a forward motion,
someone could probably raise the sail, but my recommendation to anyone whose
boat was damaged from anyone trying that would be to take their boat away
from them by lawsuit. Negligence is the word I would recommend using. Then
sell one boat and buy more toys courtesy of the idiot.