Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam

Default I'm gonna do it

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:10:34 -0400, something compelled
"katysails" , to say:

There is some ugly goop around all of the
lifeline stanchions

Warning! Warning! Warning! (as the robot said to Will Robinson...) Get a moisture meter if you're not going to get a survey...bad gook almost always means bad leaks, which mweans bad deck....

It all clicked.

Up in the forepeak, close to the hull/deck join, the inside
covering had fallen off of the hull exposing the insulation, the
deck join, etc. This happened on both sides of the bow. I
didn't think much of it until I put two and two together.

What must have happened was that one day the owner noticed that
this covering was falling off, and that's what alerted him to the
leaking stanchion problem. And then, instead of taking them up
and rebedding them properly, he did a Quick & Easy (i.e., too
little too late) sealing job. It made me wonder what else had
gone wrong and had then been bandaided over.

I told the broker yesterday that I was backing out. It wasn't a
conversation I really wanted to have, but better that than a
twenty-nine foot white elephant. Other boats just like this one
were going for seventeen to twenty thousand, and now I know why
the owner was willing to take nine for his.

The search continues . . .