Shen44

Default COLREGS - The final word on pecking order in restricted visibility.

Subject: COLREGS - The final word on pecking order in restricted
visibility.
From: "Simple Simon"

I maintain it is NOT scanty information.

I know you do, but those of us with experience in these conditions, know
better.

Try getting out of
the wheelhouse and opening your ears and you will discover
it's easy to tell the bearing of a vessel giving fog signals. It is
also not too difficult to tell the sound is getting louder (closer).

I see, so .... It couldn't possibly be that the other vessel is turning and
directing his whistle at you, rather than closing on you?

Look at your radar as required by the Rules and plot positions
and get bearings.

Now, now .... you don't have or know how to use radar, so we have always
addressed this as vessels without radar.

Rule 8 applies in ALL conditions of visibility and it states that
changing course early and largely is often the best way to
avoid a close quarters situation. You would have me create
a close quarters situation with your stupid insistence that
I slow down and remain on the same course. You are
Wrong Wrong Wrong!

Not knowing what the other vessel is doing, how do you know you would be
creating a close quarters situation by slowing down? How do you know you
wouldn't be creating a close quarters situation by changing course?
Stupid, stupid,stupid

Why give signals at all if you're just gonna ignore them
or use them to create close quarters situations?

Huh? Huh? I can't HEAR you!

You are SUCH an ignorant, incompetent, BUFFOON !

Shen