Calif Bill

Default trailer bearings more info.

The different grease will probably be no problem, but I would pull the
bearings and repack anyway. Should be done every year, even with bearing
buddies. That way you can check the condition and help prevent bad events
from maring a trip.
Bill

"Fred" wrote in message
Thanks for all the responses. I will try to answer the questions to give
you more to go on.

I'd ask some more questions before I gave advice on replacing the

bearings.
Like how old is the trailer?

four years old

Where did the previous owner use it?
short trips to put in

How
often was the trailer and boat used.

boat has 115 hours on it

How many axles on the trailer?
tandem axel

How
big is the boat?

20 foot Celebrity

Was it used in fresh water or salt water?
fresh water

Thanks.

All he asked was if he was going to have a problem because of the grease

he
used. And all of you tell him to replace the bearings.