Simple Simon

Default I'm gonna do it

Steve,

There's nothing wrong with an alcohol stove. It certainly
is much safer than heavier-than-air, explosive propane.

There's nothing wrong with gate valves either provided
they are not the cheap Chinese variety.

S.Simon - currently using a 13-year-old gate valve at
the galley sink drain. It ain't broke so why
replace it. Have replaced the other gate
valves with ball valves over the years when
they broke.

Also using a Homestrand pressure alcohol
stove that I"m very happy with.

http://www.homestead.com/captneal/index.html

"Steve Daniels" wrote in message ...
It has a alcohol stove that I'd like to swap out for propane, but I
notice that a lot of people are using alcohol stoves with little to no
difficulty. This boat has gate valves at the thru hulls, and I'd like
to swap those out for quarter twist ball valves, but I'm not going to
do a special haul out just for that.

If I can get her surveyed for a couple of hundred bucks, I think I'll
have that done, if for no other reason than to have a list of things
to work on later. It's being sold by a brokerage, and it looks like
they only list reasonably good quality boats.