Charles T. Low

Default COLREGS - The final word on pecking order in restricted visibility.

Wow! I got about a third of the way through today's messages and decided to
bail! (Only one life to live.)

But I will remind everyone that one law-enforcement officer I know said he
virtually always lays two charges in collison situations, the stand-on
vessel's skipper getting at least "failure to maintain an adequate lookout."
Related to the so-called "General Avoidance Rule."

I'm not sure about Simple Simon (is that "Neal") thinking that 6 knots under
sail is a "safe speed." I think a read of the Regs shows that safe speed is
not ever one number, but takes myriad factors into consideration, and that
sometimes a safe speed is stopped, or reversing. ((Backwind a sail, I
guess!)

Charles

====

Charles T. Low
- remove "UN"
www.boatdocking.com
www.ctlow.ca/Trojan26 - my boat

====

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message
Yes Charles, you missed the beginning of this discussion, which has gone

on for about a
year...