Bertie the Bunyip

Default Thorrablot food outside Iceland

(Sigvaldi Eggertsson) wrote in
m:

Nik wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:10:58 GMT, Tropical Storm Alison
wrote:

I read about this holiday (am I spelling it correctly?) ten years
ago in Freya's Folk's magazine. I wasn't aware Icelanders still
celebrated it till I saw the National Geographic Taboo show. What
kind of foods do people in, e.g., the US who celebrate Thorrablot
eat? I (seriously) wouldn't mind the ruminant heads or sheep balls
(I grew up eating organ meats), but I don't think I could eat the
shark.

Hakarl has to be tried at least once, then followed by a shot of
Brannivin...

Nik

This is actually not an old tradition here in Iceland, it only goes
back to the 1950Žor so.

Shh, try not to upset Njikky.

He knows best,you know.

Bertie