Bertie the Bunyip

Default Thorrablot food outside Iceland

Nik wrote in
:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:10:58 GMT, Tropical Storm Alison
wrote:

I read about this holiday (am I spelling it correctly?) ten years ago in
Freya's Folk's magazine. I wasn't aware Icelanders still celebrated it
till I saw the National Geographic Taboo show. What kind of foods do
people in, e.g., the US who celebrate Thorrablot eat? I (seriously)
wouldn't mind the ruminant heads or sheep balls (I grew up eating organ
meats), but I don't think I could eat the shark.

Hakarl has to be tried at least once, then followed by a shot of
Brannivin...

you spelled it wrong, dip****.

BTW, I go to iceland all the time. Want me to get you some? I frequently
pick it up and use it for antifreeze.

Bertie