Jeff Morris

Default Cheating Or Not?

Idiots claim other people are idiots. .. get off the water

"NH_/)_" wrote in message ...
Idiot's want speed.. get a powerboat

NH_/)_

"Donal" wrote in message

The Captains Nemesis wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:04:47 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

Still....Courtesy....Seems that when racing boats approach, courtesy
is that the non racing boats allow them free passage where possible.

Why?????

Because it's courteous to do so.

Racing boats obviously feel that "courtesy" demands that ordinary

sailors
should give way.
I do both cruising AND racing. When cruising, I've noticed that

racers
often don't offer their gratitude to a cruiser that doesn't give them
"enough" exemption from the Coll Regs.

Pommy Pricks!
Still do you demand that every time you extend a courtesy to someone
that they exhibit overwhelming gratitude?

A couple of years ago, I was on a friend's power boat. We were travelling
from Southampton to Portsmouth when we came upon a yacht race. The yachts
were spread out across the full width of the Solent. As we carefully went
through a gap, we were given a filthy look by the helmsman of the boat

that
we had passed *behind*! Sod it! These idiots think that "racing" gives
them exclusive control of the water. It doesn't.

Regards

Donal