Donal

Default Cheating Or Not?

The Captains Nemesis wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:04:26 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

I agree... what gives these racing bozos the right to assume they have
priority over cruising vessels because they have elected to plunk their
buoys where they deem fit. No race has priority over any other vessel

using
the same waters. NONE! To hell with them!

I'll gladly head directly into an oncoming fleet of racers and refuse to
alter course just to suit their laylines. Courtesy is a two way street

and
very little courtesy is shown by racing boats.... I feel no obligation to
assume burdened status because some weekend yahoos decide to test their
boats.

CM

Oh Goody, a troll!!

Still....Courtesy....Seems that when racing boats approach, courtesy
is that the non racing boats allow them free passage where possible.

Why?????

Racing boats obviously feel that "courtesy" demands that ordinary sailors
should give way.
I do both cruising AND racing. When cruising, I've noticed that racers
often don't offer their gratitude to a cruiser that doesn't give them
"enough" exemption from the Coll Regs.

After a few years of doing both cruising, and racing - I have become less
tolerant of the racers. They rarely show any gratitude when a cruiser
gives way ( a little wave of gratitude would cost NOTHING), and yet they
are very willing to show their displeasure when they are forced into a bit
of foul air in the lee of a cruiser.

Regards

Donal
--

Charging thru a race fleet screaming that you are not racing and
demanding your rights is the height of ignorance......Wait.....I

Actually, it is the Coll Regs! Boats on port tack should give way to boats
on starboard. If the racers were more willing to "wave" a thank you, then
they would find that their way was clear.

Regards

Donal
--
"A man should not mince his words to spare the sensibilities of the thin
skinned or the Simple minded.!