Dennis Pogson

Default Marine Radios

krj wrote:
Jack,

krj

Jack Painter wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
m...

I'm looking for a VHF marine radio for a small boat. I al looking
at an Icom and a Raymarine init. Both in the $150.00 range. Which
is a better unit?? I favor the Raymarine as it has a very large
display, but if it is lousy radio, I'd prefer the Icom, or other
brands.

Your suggestions please!

Bob

Bob, when you shop for the bottom of the lines, they are all
comparable. The differences are only barely noteable when the price
climbs more than twice that high. I would recommend any new radio
you choose have "D" class DSC/GMDSS capability. That way it won't be
too far out of pace when the "E" models are mandatory when the
(someday effective) Rescue-21 vhf-marine emergency system is online
nationwide.

Jack

What is the difference between "D" class and "E" class DSC/GMDSS

D class are very difficult to undersatnd, and E class are impossible to
underestand.

Remove "nospam" from return address.