Jeff Morris

Default Nice area to spend the weekend?

Salem is the best bet. Its about a 20 mile trip for you - 10 miles from the
entrance to the North channel up to Marblehead Rock.

You can reserve a mooring at several places in the harbor - We use Salem Water
Taxi because the free launch dock space is at Pickering Wharf, the heart of the
waterfront; or you can use Hawthorne Cove, or West Shore Marine (the Rockmore).
You can also can dock space at Pickering Wharf or Hawthorne Cove, but its not
really needed.

This is a "tourist trap" with lots of restaurants (including the Rockmore,
floating in the middle of the harbor), The spectacular new Peabody-Essex Museum,
lots of witch and pirate things for the kids, and a host of shops and smaller
museums. This has become our favorite long weekend place - we've been there
several times for July 4th.

If you want quieter, Manchester-by-the-Sea is a few miles east - you can get
dockspace from Manchester Marine.

South of Boston you can go to Scituate - there are several mooring/launch
services (E-Z Rider, Cedar Point) and a number of restaurant and shops ashore.
It has become our preferred stop on the way to the Cape Cod Canal.

Here's some interesting write-ups,curiously they left out Salem:
http://www.bostonsailingcenter.com/C...Harbor%20Index

e-mail me if you have more specific questions,
jeff

"SASIINC" wrote in message
I'm docked at Hewitts Cove in Hingham MA. Does anyone know any nice places to
spend the weekend not in Boston, but north of or south of Boston. Nice
restoraunt would be nice and some activities, things to do. We did P Town and
Boston. But would like to visit someplace different.
Thanks In Advance,
Frank